Friday, January 12, 2007

My first carry strategy.

We will call this "Carry 4". I have taken the idea and the ratio of positions from one of the members of the OANDA forums. I have been implementing it since November the 1st. You will see in the account activity I am long GBP/JPY 46,040 Units, I am shorting USD/JPY 23,020 units, and I am shorting GBP/USD 20,000 Units.





So Far I didn't do anything with this strategy after I placed my initial positions, I am just letting the interest profits go. After the recent rate hike in GBP yesterday, I don't know how this will affect the strategy, but we will see in the coming few month. I think I can just cancel the GBP/USD trade now safely, because the interest is equal now.



As you will see in the account activity, I have more than 10% profits as of January 11th 2007.





I am welcoming any comments and suggestions to improve this strategy. I wonder how this strategy will work if the JPY start showing its muscles.

No comments: